Antique Lamson Cash Carriers
Wow! Try and find info about these on the web. I guess I have best American source of info on Lamson Cash Carriers. The very best site is from Andrew Buxton in the UK. I got interested in these by seeing complex pneumatic tube systems as a kid in Chattanooga, TN. I saw some of the cable carriers in later years and picked up a few bits and pieces in antique malls. I just recently found out about the Electric Cable Cash Carrier systems of the early 1920’s. I really want to try and get some info on what still exists out there and see what I can pick up along the way!! Lamson systems are so rare they almost have little value as no-one is collecting them.
While these Lamson pages are being rebuilt you
can still see the information and images here
[Red means haven’t rebuilt that page yet]
I have acquired several Lamson items including:
- A working wire carrier system (wooden cup on pulley shown below).
Click SEE VIDEO (AVI file)
- A complete working motorized Cable Cash Carrier System (silver carrier below). Click
- A complete basket carrier system, but I have no place to set it up (need high ceiling).
- A Bronze terminal from a pneumatic system (tube shown below). Click
A quick history lesson with PICTURES. Click
I have scanned some original Lamson books which are fascinating (links not completed yet).
- Better Store Service Book (cover image)
- History of the origin and Development of Lamson Service (with historic pictures of systems in use)
- Lamson Pneumatic Tube Apparatus (#1 – Retail and Grocery Stores) (wonderful pictures of historic installed systems)
- #2 Pneumatic Tube Clothing and Furnishing Stores
- #3 Pneumatic Tube Images of PARTS
- Stout’s carries on its basket tradition
- See photos of a Lamson basket carrier in Australia